Welcome to my Blog

A warm welcome to my Blog

I shall post some news of interest to Sri lankans about life in Sri Lanka in the period 1950-1960 mainly. This will feature articles on music, general history and medicine. I am dedicated to humanism and refuse to judge people according to labels they are born with. Their actions and behaviour shall be my yardsticks, always cognizant of the challenges they faced in life.

Friday 7 June 2019

Professor Sanath P Lamabadusuriya.50 years of Academic Service to Sri Lanka

A truly illustrious career. We are all proud of our Batchmate. I just read a post about a felicitation ceremony for Lama for completing 50 years of academic paediatrics (on the 1st of April, 2019), held on the 6th of June 2019, by the Faculty of Medicine, Sabaragamuwa University. The felicitation address was delivered by Professor Deepthi Samarage.

She ends her speech thus:-"As a practising paediatrician, he strode the world of paediatrics in our country to greater heights. His academic brilliance, attention to detail, splendid diagnostic skills and unwavering commitment to excellence are indeed legendary.

I fervently hope that I have managed to do the justice to the profile of this spectacular academic
Thank you Prof Lamabadusuriya. I wish you good health and many more years of life to continue your invaluable services for another generation of medical students and little kids".

Please click on the link below to view a Power Point Presentation at the event.

Tribute to Prof. Sanath P Lamabadusuriya

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you do not have a gmail account, please select your profile from the "Comment as", choose Anonymous from the pick list which appears when you click on the little arrows by the side of the select profile box.