Welcome to my Blog

A warm welcome to my Blog

I shall post some news of interest to Sri lankans about life in Sri Lanka in the period 1950-1960 mainly. This will feature articles on music, general history and medicine. I am dedicated to humanism and refuse to judge people according to labels they are born with. Their actions and behaviour shall be my yardsticks, always cognizant of the challenges they faced in life.

Wednesday 21 September 2016

Language humour

Language Humour

The places where I’ve been
I like visiting unusual places and I learnt a lot in the process.
Recently I was in Teresting. Many people gathered round me to listen to me
I have been in Quiring where people were very happy to answer questions.
When I was in Trepid, nothing seemed to bother me!
I was once in Fant. We have to have been there at least once or we would never grow up.
But then, I was in Cap Able and there you need a lot of help.
I have been in Solvent, I’ll never advise anyone to go there.
And when I was in Coherent, the gibberish I spoke there!
Recently I dreamt I was in Ferior, and got up feeling glad it wasn’t real.
2
I have also been in Dolent, where I could pass a lazy time.
Oh yes! When I was in Visible, no one seemed to notice me.
Same as when I was in Distinct, people just peered at me!
A few times I have been in Dulgen, truly easy-going in many ways.
Another time, I was on Tenter-Hooks in a place called Restless near the edge of Reason, but I calmed down by the time I left.
I was in Ade Quat ending a phase of depleted resources. Beware, don’t go there!
I was in Consol Able to face my problems when my best friend immigrated.
I was in Diffe Rent at a time I had many problems. But I returned more motivated.
But when I was in Ter fer in ghost territory, I learnt a few lessons in human relationships.
I have again been in Coherent. There, I had had one drink too many.
Once I was in Continent of Water Works. I didn’t like it at all. So cold and wet!
3
I had in Nertia, to do a vital assignment but clearly lost the plot.
I was in Viting, dressed in a bikini. I got unwanted attention!
I was in Can de Scent. Someone angered me. I hear it is a common occurrence there.
I have been at Logger Heads. You can’t do it alone.
You need someone to be with.
Then I have been in Vent. I’ve always wanted to be. Now I am back with two new projects!
I have been in Consist entering an area where one could be sure of nothing.
When I was in Tuit I ventured into Holy territory. You could get a march over your counterpart if you are there.
I was in the Dol Drums in Melan Cholia. Nothing could cheer me up, there.
4
Finally I was in Vincible. It was great to know I could reach it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you do not have a gmail account, please select your profile from the "Comment as", choose Anonymous from the pick list which appears when you click on the little arrows by the side of the select profile box.