Welcome to my Blog

A warm welcome to my Blog

I shall post some news of interest to Sri lankans about life in Sri Lanka in the period 1950-1960 mainly. This will feature articles on music, general history and medicine. I am dedicated to humanism and refuse to judge people according to labels they are born with. Their actions and behaviour shall be my yardsticks, always cognizant of the challenges they faced in life.

Friday 30 November 2018

Srianee poem on first snow fall

Softly the shimmering snowflakes flutter down
transforming the black surface of the driveway,
and the un-raked piles of leaves on the lawn and footpaths.
The dark night is gently illuminated by a glowing,
thick white pristine blanket.
The beams of light from the lamps along the footpaths glisten,
like an image on a Christmas card.
I look out the window at the cold silent scene,
enjoying the peace outside and the warmth indoors.
Minutes go by…
…and I hear them, the grating sounds of the snow removal trucks,
scraping the driveway, pushing the snow aside, clearing the way.
In readiness for the morning.
Life will resume.
Cars will once again be driven on the snow cleared streets.
But me? I’m retired,
and will probably push the ‘snooze’ button on the alarm


1 comment:

  1. Great poem by Srianee. It was a pleasure to do the music and video for it.

    ReplyDelete

If you do not have a gmail account, please select your profile from the "Comment as", choose Anonymous from the pick list which appears when you click on the little arrows by the side of the select profile box.