Welcome to my Blog

A warm welcome to my Blog

I shall post some news of interest to Sri lankans about life in Sri Lanka in the period 1950-1960 mainly. This will feature articles on music, general history and medicine. I am dedicated to humanism and refuse to judge people according to labels they are born with. Their actions and behaviour shall be my yardsticks, always cognizant of the challenges they faced in life.

Thursday 28 July 2016

Rani Enko by Mahendra
The song I sing is "Rani Enko", which I am sure  you will recall with pleasure. The original hindi song on which it is based, was from the B&W film Patita (1953). The song was sung by Hemant Kumar and Lata Manjeskar. The Sinhalese version "Rani Enko" was sung by that great combination Rukmani Devi and Mohideen Beg. This is my effort accompanying myself on my Yamaha Tyros 5




1 comment:

  1. What great music and words, and so well sung! Thank you so much! It brings back great memories.
    Your second career is really progressing! Rita/Zita

    ReplyDelete

If you do not have a gmail account, please select your profile from the "Comment as", choose Anonymous from the pick list which appears when you click on the little arrows by the side of the select profile box.