Welcome to my Blog

A warm welcome to my Blog

I shall post some news of interest to Sri lankans about life in Sri Lanka in the period 1950-1960 mainly. This will feature articles on music, general history and medicine. I am dedicated to humanism and refuse to judge people according to labels they are born with. Their actions and behaviour shall be my yardsticks, always cognizant of the challenges they faced in life.

Tuesday 13 December 2016

Mihikatha Nalavala beautifully played and sung by my friend Suraj Ranasinghe

3 comments:

  1. How did I miss this up to now? It's beautiful! Well done! So we have Suraj Ranasinghe and Mahendra both coming up to the same excellent standard, delivering these beautiful songs back to us from days gone by, but now forgotten. It is so evocative and one can imagine the era, the time,the events around hearing these songs. They are the sound track to our unforgettable childhood. Thanks Suraj and Mahendra! from Zita

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Zita, Suraj is a great singer and keyboard player.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great song, sung so beautifully and with so much feeling.
    This made my day as it is so bleak and miserable outside.
    My thanks to Suraj with the hope this is the beginning of many old time favourites.

    ReplyDelete

If you do not have a gmail account, please select your profile from the "Comment as", choose Anonymous from the pick list which appears when you click on the little arrows by the side of the select profile box.